- Vineyard Region South Eastern Australia
- Vintage Conditions Yields were significantly reduced by drought and frost, ripening was generally advanced by three to five weeks, and the harvest occurred over a short period, with most grapes picked prior to Easter. Smaller berry sizes and lower bunch weights increased colour and flavour intensity.
- Grape Varietal Shiraz
- Vinification and Maturation Grapes were vinified in a mixture of static and open top fermenters for up to six days on skins. They were then pumped over up to eight times daily or headed down and drained and returned twice daily. After pressing the wine was matured in stainless steel and a mixture of one to three year old French and American oak for up to nine months. Components of the wine was also matured on oak staves and combined with micro oxygenation to give complexity and to aid in softening the wine and stabilizing colour.
- Winemaker Andrew Higgins's Notes
- Colour Crimson red with purple hues.
- Aroma Dark black fruit aromas of dark plums and spice coupled with supporting chocolate oak.
- Palate Moderately full, supple palate is dominated by rich, spicy blood plums and red berry fruit flavours, whilst being supported by integrated mocha oak, finishing in a lingering soft chamois tannin finish. Overall the wine is generous, soft and well balanced.
- Last Tasted 01 DEC 2008
- Peak Drinking Drinking beautifully now or cellar for up to three years from vintage.
- Peppered steak ciabatta sandwich