- Vineyard Region South Eastern Australia
- Vintage Conditions The 2008 vintage experienced dry spell weather, leading to lower yields with improved fruit development. The arrival of spring rain provided a boost to the vines while encouraging fruit development. Ripening periods were mild and dry assisting the fruit to develop well balanced characters.
- Grape Varietal 85% Semillon, 15% Sauvignon Blanc
- Vinification and Maturation The Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc were harvested at optimum maturity levels in the cool of the night, to preserve the crisp fruit flavours. The grapes were crushed, allowing the best free-run juice to be separated from the grapes. This juice was chilled and racked prior to fermentation. A specially selected yeast, chosen to enhance the natural fruit flavours and add elegance to the wine, was introduced for fermentation. The wine was blended after fermentation and stabilised prior to bottling.
- Winemaker Andrew Higgins's Notes
- Colour Pale straw with a light green hue.
- Aroma Tropical fruits of pineapple and passionfruit are complemented with green fruit characters like snow peas and capsicum to create a balanced aroma.
- Palate A crisp and zesty palate with lemon, orange, pineapple and passionfruit flavours. The lovely, natural acid structure adds great length, with the ripe, fresh fruit flavours ensuring balance and a fantastic mouth-feel.
- Last Tasted 01 JUN 2008
- Peak Drinking Enjoy now or cellar carefully until 2010.
- Fish and chips;
- Thai green chicken curry