- Vineyard Region South Eastern Australia
- Vintage Conditions A continued dry spell affected much of the fruit development during the vintage period, restricting yields, and improving the fruit potential. Late spring rains provided a well timed boost to the vines and encouraged fruit development. Scattered heavy falls and at times - hail storms - caused some fruit loss. The following months, through ripening and up to harvest proved to be mild and dry, assisting the fruit to develop well balanced characters.
- Grape Varietal Pinot Grigio
- Vinification and Maturation Individual parcels of Pinot Grigio were handpicked based on flavour ripeness and style. At the winery, the fruit was promptly crushed into drainers with skins removed to minimise colour. Juices were inoculated with a specially selected yeast, chosen to enhance aromatics and provide palate texture and weight. Kept in ferment at 14-18°Celcius to retain fruit character, the wine was sugar dried and racked. Prior to screw cap bottling to retain freshness, the wine was blended under heat and cold stabilization before final filtration.
- Winemaker Andrew Higgins's Notes
- Colour Pale medium straw.
- Aroma Stonefruits of peach and nectarines complement the pear and citrus notes of this varietal nose. Hints of creamy yoghurt and tropical characters are also evident.
- Palate With flavour of pear, rockmelon and subtle citrus notes, the structured palate shows great texture and depth combined with balanced sweetness.
- Last Tasted 01 AUG 2008
- Peak Drinking This wine is designed to drink now, or carefully cellar for up to two years.
- Barbecued Garlic Lemon Prawns;
- Proscuitto wrapped Pear Wedges and Rocket Salad