- Vineyard Region South Eastern Australia
- Vintage Conditions The lead up to the 2009 harvest was one of the best on record, with refreshing rains during spring and mild December temperatures. This led to fruit with flavour, intensity and acid structure not seen for a few years.
- Grape Varietal Chardonnay
- Vinification and Maturation For this special blend some parcels of Chardonnay were picked earlier than others to retain natural acidity and offer palate balance and structure. Harvested in the cool of the night, the Chardonnay fruit was promptly delivered to the winery for crushing. The free run juice was then chilled and racked before fermentation. In order to retain fresh, lively primary fruit characters, specially selected yeast strains were used and after a fairly quick fermentation all parcels of wine were blended and prepared for bottling.
- Winemaker Andrew Higgins's Notes
- Colour Pale straw with light green hues.
- Aroma Lifted citrus notes are beautifully supported by hints of white peach and honeydew melon and subtle mango and pineapple notes.
- Palate The intensely fruit driven palate shows tropical fruit characters with hints of citrus flavours. The palate is tight and long displaying natural acid balance along with great length and structure.
- Last Tasted 01 SEP 2009
- Peak Drinking Drinking beautifully now or up to two years from vintage.
- Thai green chicken curry