McWilliam's Wines Continues to Receive Accolades Across its Regional Wine Portfolio
Highlights include some impressive trophies and gold medals.
- 2011 Barwang Tumbarumba Chardonnay – TWO Trophies and Gold medal (Best Chardonnay and Best White Wine of Show) at the 2011 Cool Climate Wine Show
- 2010 Catching Thieves Cabernet Merlot – Trophy for Best Claret Style Wine and gold medal at the 2011 Cool Climate Wine Show adding to the trophy the wine collected at the 2011 Decanter World Wine Awards
- 2009 Barwang Cabernet Sauvignon picked up a gold medal at the 2011 Cool Climate Wine Show.
- In total, McWilliam's Wines won three trophies and five gold medals at the 2011 Cool Climate Wine Show
- Upcoming flagship releases 2009 Brand's Laira The Patron and 2009 McWilliam's 1877 both collected trophies at the 2011 Rutherglen Wine Show
- 2010 Evans & Tate Gnangara Shiraz picked up a gold medal at the 2011 Rutherglen Wine Show
With the Sparkling season approaching, McWilliam's Wines performed very strongly in The Age's annual Sparkling feature by Ralph Kyte-Powell with three wines showcased:
- 2000 Champagne Taittinger Comtes de Champagne, “superfine yet sumptuous, rich, ultra-complex and gorgeously harmonious”
- McWilliam's Hanwood Estate Brut, “...a lip-smacking drop with a whisper of biscuity complexity, seamless texture and an indefinable feel of quality”
- Soleil Cremant de Bourgogne Brut NV, “Try the smartly packaged Soleil Cremant de Bourgogne Brut NV for its creamy mouthfeel, elegant personality and sustained flavour.”