A Week of Success!
Over the last seven days, McWilliam's Wines has continued to enjoy success at wine shows across the country.
From X&Y to the Hilltops of Barwang, trophies and gold medals have continued to be awarded to current release and future release wines:
- Trophy and gold medal awarded to 2009 Barwang Shiraz for Champion Shiraz at the 2011 National Cool Climate Wine Show
- Two Trophies and gold medal awarded to the 2009 Armchair Critic Chardonnay at the 2011 National Cool Climate Wine Show (Trophy for Champion Chardonnay and Trophy for Champion Dry White Table Wine)
- Gold medal awarded to the 2010 X&Y Shiraz at the 2011 Royal Melbourne Wine Show
- Gold medals awarded to future release flagship wines – 2009 Brand's Laira The Patron Cabernet Sauvignon (which was also a finalist for the Jimmy Watson Trophy), 2009 McWilliam's 1877 and 2010 Barwang 842 Chardonnay – at the 2011 Royal Melbourne Wine Show
- Gold medal awarded to 2009 Zeppelin Amelie Shiraz at the 2011 National Cool Climate Wine Show
- Gold medal awarded to 2010 Last Horizon Pinot Gris at the 2011 National Cool Climate Wine Show
- Gold medal awarded to 2010 Zeppelin Eden Valley Riesling at the 2011 International Riesling Challenge in Canberra
In other news, the 2011 essenze Sauvignon Blanc was rated 91 points by Tyson Stelzer on Wine Taste, “The Essenze of 2011 has just landed on Aussie turf, with all the verdant freshness of young kiwi sauv. Good definition of crunchy green apples, vibrant lime drops and a fine, tight, refreshingly dry finish. Skillfully crafted and insane value for money.”